Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing #4: Flickr

I welcome Flickr as a photo, communication tool. I transferred a number of photos from my digital to my new Flickr account. I added one photo to my blog page....it's of my cat, Sophie. So, since I had used Sophie as my signature blog name, am I writing as my cat, or am I my cat's alter ego?! I may rethink this; as several persons have already noted, coming up with titles and names seems to be the most difficult piece.

Saving to sets was very easy; I confused comments and tabs briefly. I'm going to concentrate next on creating a slide show or some way to display photos in little groups. I'm wondering about choice in placement on my blog. Can the group shows be done on the side bar in my template instead of at the bottom.

I'll add Julie's 23 Activities...to my feeds. Also, another person recommended 'Inside of a dog...'. These two people seem to have soared in what they have done, and so quickly.

I will appreciate using Flickr in sending photos to family members around the country, as well just friendly e-mails. I'll learn to transfer them, also, to my LibraryThing site. Some of the steps and directions can be frustrating, indeed, but if I walk away for a while, ask the people who have found the answers, and even if I'm allowed to whine a little to release my impatience, the result happens.

I added the link element today. I like personalizing my blog with links. It's sort of like introducing my friends to other friends and family so they can all get to know each other; and in the process, get to know another side of me.

No comments: