Friday, February 15, 2008

Ethnic Studies

What would I ever do without LibraryThing.com!!? I've not gone so far as to spine label my books. I'm always curious how people categorize their home libraries.

Ethnic Studies
Originally uploaded by finnflix

I knew a bookkeeper who had one book collection and her husband had another. Neither was a librarian, but one used Dewey and the other used the Library of Congress.

Another person arranged her books in the order of purchase and wouldn't read one until the last book purchased was read. Someone else arranged hers by color. I'm content with subject (Folktales/Folklore/Fairytales, Fiction/Literature, Sociology, Political Science, etc.) and when warranted, author: books by and about (Fitzgerald and Zelda, Reynolds Price, Alcott, Wharton, etc.)

No comments: