Friday, February 15, 2008

home library


home library 003
Originally uploaded by finnflix
I rent the second floor of a Victorian. The rooms are smaller than I would like, but the traffic pattern is great -especially for political fundraisers. I can register the people downstairs, direct them into one door, get food and meet others, and out the other door. We have a nice porch where people can sit and engage in conversation while a new crowd wends their way around.

In the 1890s this room was the master bedroom - or perhaps solely for the woman of the house. I first filled up the closet with bookshelves and then I filled the dressing area. Then I came out to the bedroom itself and filled all the walls. A visitor once admitted she felt overwhelmed by all the books. It's my most lived in room....I just don't have room for my loom or a desk in it....and I'm still trying to be creative with other storage/shelving - on the cheap side.

No comments: