Friday, March 21, 2008

Note on LibraryThing

I just read the latest 23 Things News. I can't say enough positive about LibraryThing. I've been a member since February of 2007. The site is constantly being improved for and with the help of its users. Though I don't get to it every day (I am behind in cataloging, but not TOO bad), I am constantly finding new tools on the site, and generally enjoy browsing other libraries, stats and background info.

When I came upon the 'Local' addition the other day, I added one of my favorite independent bookstores, Common Good Books (I keep telling the staff about the site, but I don't know if anyone has connected with it).

I've also suggested LibraryThing, and demonstrated it to our Teaching and Learning Center person as a way to catalog their book collection. LibraryThing has special groups for nonprofits. Many university and college departments use LibraryThing for their curriculum collections.

The other day I discovered I could introduce author information, so I entered information on one of our faculty authors. Much of LibraryThing is a Wikiexperience!

1 comment:

Captain Crone said...

I love LibraryThing too.

Your blog is reallyu interesting. I hope you keep up with it. :-)