Monday, March 31, 2008

It's snowing, and it's beautiful outside. I stayed after work to play with 23 Things. I attempted Meebo, but didn't know it would latch onto a user name as my main identity, so I'm trying to get rid of it. It's off my blog, but not the Meebo account. Obviously, there aren't always easy 'takebacks' with these many accounts. That's somewhat frustrating if I enter without knowing what to expect in the outcome.

I'll play more with it later. I looked over the calendars and just thinking of another calendar anywhere in my life makes me feel as if I'm being sucked into a mire.I have groupwise and I have my wirebound planner. If I added another, I may not be able to function. Calendars at home are for things like recycling day, etc. My life is in my wirebound. Maybe I'd use an online overlay calendar if I were using my laptop all the time, but I need more memory, but can't afford it right now.

After work on Friday I spent several hours at a coffee shop 'reorganizing' my next week. It calmed me to make that transition. I had sent letters out for the second of several meetings I'm facilitating with absentee landlord/property owners and neighborhood residents. The first meeting went really well, stayed focused, on time, and resulted in do-able action/goals. The second meeting will be even more focused and, I hope, flow just as nicely and be as productive as the first.

Participating in Wilder Foundation's Neighborhood Leadership Program has been even better and more applicable than I had earlier thought. It's a great program and worth the time. Our session started in October and we'll 'graduate' April 28. I'll miss my group.

Back to the calendar. I'm visual, and using highlighters and different colors of ink for a series of meetings works for me. I need my calendar with me at all times and life is fluid enough that I want to make changes right away. A good friend could give me a blackberry, I suppose.....

I've signed up for a class: 'Community Organizing and Social Action'. That should come as no surprise to those who know me! I need a class to energize me right now. So, in my spiral bound, it was somewhat easy to x out my Senate District meetings twice a month and insert my classes, simply because I need that break.

No comments: